Monday, October 29, 2007

It’s Fall

Finally. After several warm days, and last Friday filled with rain, the weekend morphed into sunny and cool--exactly the way it should be in Pennsylvania at this point in the year. In fact the kids were complaining about the lack of hats and mittens as they waited for the bus this morning (their mom’s a knitter . . . no mittens??).

Besides trick-or-treat, a house full of guests, soccer game, and other weekend distractions, I still managed to sneak some knitting in AND feel somewhat accomplished. Need I remind you, my new goal is to knit what I love and remain focused . . . no more than 3 projects:

Behold my cable adventure: the yoke and neckline completed in less than a week:


And then, as if I am not loving Anne Hanson enough with the Autumn Throw (on the 4th of 5 repeats, definitely on the downside), I snapped up her newest mitt pattern, snow on cedars. Okay, this is fabulous. While the kit has some wonderful yarn to match the pattern, I decided that stash yarn was a more economical route. So I decided to knit these in the Regia Tweed---


I think I am kidding myself by thinking I could have these finished before a quick trip to NYC on Sunday, but it is definitely worth thinking about.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Ooooohhhhh, you are so cool!!! Love the cable pullover - and I can't believe you cranked that all out in a week. And those mitts are going to be so pretty. Everything by Anne is awesome anyway. I think your yarn will really show off the snow and cedars. :)

10/30/2007 7:44 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

It would have taken me months to do all that cabling - amazing woman!

10/30/2007 10:07 AM  
Blogger knitspot anne said...

i'm rooting for a finish by friday! seriously, the mitts go pretty fast once you"see" how the patterns mesh . . they are a lot of the same thing over and over.

10/30/2007 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home